Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Weekend


I was over in Liverpool last week, at the Tate Gallery. There's a show on currently curated by Ken Simons, the art handling manager at Tate Liverpool since it opened in 1988, who recently retired. In the gallery is this Mark Rothko painting, which was hanging in the Tate when I went to university there in September 1988, thirty years ago and which made a big impression on me. So things tied together quite nicely there.

I was scrolling through my downloads folder recently finding tons of music I'd forgotten about and some I wasn't sure I knew anything about. In there was this Richard Norris remix, a well Balearic take on an ode to the timespan between Friday evening and Sunday evening by Molly Wagger (from Edinburgh, moved to London, mixed up disco, indie and shoegaze). This came out back in 2010, followed by an album in 2011. Their Twitter and Facebook accounts don't seem to have been updated since 2016 so I'm guessing they've called it a day. This remix is very good, nicely suited to these lighter evenings we're getting and if it's a few days early, then maybe we should all try and be a bit more weekend on a Wednesday.

Weekend (Richard Norris Balearic Remix)

No comments: