Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 15 January 2018

Nova, Nebulae, Aurora


Let's start the week with something very long, hypnotic and uplifting. In 1992 this single by Lemon Interrupt (aka Underworld) came out on Junior Boys Own, Big Mouth on one side and Eclipse on the other. Eclipse is the pick of the two for me- thirteen minutes starting out with chugging beats, sweeping strings and a voice intoning 'nova, nebulae, aurora'. As it unfolds the Underworld keyboard sound starts to phase in and it becomes progressively more acid, and progressively more absorbing. A bit like shooting through the Channel Tunnel but between planets. Thirteen minutes well spent.

Eclipse

5 comments:

drew said...

God, I love this record, I just wish it was 26 minutes long. Can v=never get enough of it

Swiss Adam said...

I could live with a 26 minute version too.

Echorich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Echorich said...

There was a DJ in NYC who would loop Adonis - Rocking Down The House into Eclipse to sheer perfection. I heard it done twice and whenever I hear either track it transports me back to those nights. Oh and just to stir things a bit - I believe Rockin Down The House is the greatest Acid Track EVER...

JC said...

Totally new to me.

Feels like a belated Christmas present.

Many thanks.